Decide if you are STAYING or LEAVING!
If You Are Staying Home
- ALWAYS HAVE AN EVACUATION PLAN!
- ALWAYS have a full tank of gasoline/fuel in your vehicle: Fuel/Gas Stations
- Contact family/friends; tell someone your plan!
- Make sure pet needs are met such as:
- Check inventory and expiration dates on all (a 2-Week Minimum Supply Is Ideal):
- Medical Prescriptions: Pharmacies
- Non-Perishable Food Items
- Refer to our “Home Plan” for additional precautions to take PRIOR to the Storm’s arrival.
If You Are Leaving Your Home
- Set evacuation route to destination.
- Contact family; tell them your plan!
- Set up shelter/lodging for pets now! Availability is limited!
- Check and pack all medical prescriptions based on anticipated length of time you will be away from home and accessibility to needed refills.
- See our “Vehicle Plan” for complete vehicle check list.
- Map Fuel stations along your route. This is valuable when gas shortages happen.
- Book Hotel accomodations now.
- Have I.D. with proof of address, and other documentation handy.
- Have CASH on your person or readily available to you.
- Check security of your home!
- Door & window locks need be all inspected.
- See that cameras & alarm systems are properly utilized and working.
- Consider storage facilities for any/ all items too important to leave behind.